How have you been doing lately? It seems like a long time since we've seen you, so I thought it might be time for a check up! I'm doing well, although I have moments of frustration and angst. I heard a pastor say recently, "Difficulties will come, but discouragement is a choice."
With that in mind, I thought it would be fun to think of ways to fill our minds with positivity!
- Read or listen to a good book. Do you have a favorite book that makes you happy when you read it? Get that book out and read it again!
- Take a relaxing walk and pay attention to all the beautiful trees and flowers
- Listen to uplifting music--My go-to music of late has been Michael O'Brien's latest CD.
- Laugh really hard--The other day my daughter and I went on our patio and sang a song to the top of our lungs. It was so loud and off key; we couldn't stop laughing. I'm sure the neighbors were so blessed. Sadly, I don't have a video for you!
- Find ways to bless others. The other day I painted a bunch or rocks, and I'm going to put them around my community.
- Memorize verses or passages in the Bible. There's no better way to set your mind right than reciting encouraging verses.
- Call a friend or have a Face Time date. I love seeing friends faces and talking to them on my phone. My family has a Zoom meeting every Sunday. It's so nice to see each other's faces.
These are just a few ideas I've thought up and have made myself do lately. I also like to focus on a certain word and keep it in my mind. Lately every day that I read my Bible, I have come across the words "faithful love." When I see things continually repeated, I don't think it's a coincidence. It's made me feel like it's the Lord smiling at me, reminding me that throughout life's difficulties, His faithful love is constant.
Whatever you're going through right now, we hope to be a source of encouragement for you. We're here for you and praying for you. Let us know what you do to help stay positive.
Until next time, keep smiling~
Share this post