Making Your Home "Holiday Ready"
Knowing that Thanksgiving is just over two weeks away can either make you full of joy (pun intended!) or very stressed out. Of course, I'm always going to choose joy! ha! This week and next we'll share helpful tips for getting your home "holiday-ready."
The better you plan ahead, the more time you'll have to spend on important things. I've always had the motto- "do what you have to do so you can do what you want to do." My kids always hated it, but the saying rings true! With that in mind, here are a few things to consider now before it gets crazy!
Guest Room Checklist:
- Bedding & Sheets--have them cleaned now so you're not running around making up the bed 2 hours before your guests arrive. (What?! I'm not saying I've done that!!)
- Towels--do you leave the old towels in the guest bath? Buy new fluffy towels, roll them up, and put them in a basket.
- Toilet Paper--have plenty in the bathroom so your guests don't have to ask for more.
- Pillows--most people don't bring their own pillows, so offer several types of pillows to meet your guests needs.
- Toiletries--make up a basket of new lotions, shower gels, shower bursts, and other necessities like toothpaste and toothbrushes that your guests might forget.
Full disclosure, I love when people come to visit--it gives me an opportunity to freshen up my decor and do some shopping!
Make People Feel Special: This is a fun one for me. I try to think of each person who's coming to stay and find something that they'll like. Whether it's Diet Cokes or holiday punch, a new puzzle, a book by the bedside, or favorite desserts, take a few minutes to ponder your guest list and what would make each person feel special. Leave a note by the bedside telling them how happy you are that they're at your home.
Planning ahead helps alleviate stress. If you can knock some of these things out, next week you can focus on the kitchen!
Until next time, make it fun planning for your guests!
Leave a comment