This past week was lonely here without my sweet Rachel. She's been at market in Atlanta finding great new things for the store. Generally, January at market is full of appointments looking at Christmas 2022. I can't imagine looking at more Christmas, but she enjoys seeing all the new trends for the upcoming Christmas.
While Christmas was a huge part of her agenda, I'm excited to tell you about new items and fun trends she found while at market.
1. First of all, the color black is popping up everywhere, and you're going to love it. Black candlesticks, frames, beaded garland--you get the picture! You can add a little black to every room. Of course, she told me this before market, so on our snow days at home, I already started making a few changes.
The beautiful thing about black decor is how well it pairs with the distressed whites you already have. No need to change everything up, just mix the black pieces with the natural woods and distressed whites to keep it looking warm.
2. Up next, we're still seeing gold in a BIG way, especially in mirrors, trays, furniture and candlesticks. Think clean lines and subtle touches here rather than Liberace's bathroom.
3. Natural materials like marble and exposed wood are also still strong. And with these materials, charcuterie boards were everywhere at market this season.
4. We know you'll be glad about this trend, blue is still big in home decor! We're still embracing everything from the chinoiserie patterns, to translucent vases and gorgeous artwork.
5. Speaking of walls, gallery walls are still on trend. I love my gallery wall so much and am thrilled it's still "in." Stay tuned for a blog post in the next couple of weeks on updating your gallery walls and incorporating new treasures like mirrors, layered frames, and artwork.
6. And finally, one final notable trend was taper candles. We still love a good pillar but the tapers are a great way to bring a more linear modern touch to your decor.
Do you love these trends? What will you bring into your space for 2022? Come by the store and see us. We would love to help you incorporate your favorite trends into your existing decor.
Until next time,